Husqvarna Automower 315X Review SummaryApprox. USD $2100.00
Power and Performance10/10
Efficiency and Ease of Use10/10
Ease of locating replacement parts7/10
Pros and Praises from buyers
- It has zero harmful emissions.
- Maintains lawn well and cuts grass into small clippings that are great for your lawn in terms of soil water retention and fertilization
- Low maintenance cost
- It does not leave very noticeable tire marks in your grass.
- quickly navigates its way out of tight spaces
- It goes over slopes (27 Degrees/40%) that other mowers at higher prices are incapable of handling
- Great safety features
- Great customer service
- Works independently
- 5 year warranty is longe than most robotic mower Guarantee
Cons and complaints from buyers
- People may miss the lawn lines
- Does not get to the edges if there is a wall or other obstacle at the edge of the lawn because the blades are tucked away under the mower
- Takes time to adjust to your lawn
- Limited working area compared to the 430 X and 450 X
All the other Husqvarna automower reviews done here so far have been excellent. What makes this Husqvarna Automower 315 review any different? I heard someone call the Husqvarna Automower 315X “overpriced junk.” My aim is to find out if this is true.
Overpriced? Definitely. All automowers are overpriced but only a few get the job done. Husqvarna automowers are like epinephrine pens, costly but life saving. What about this automower 315X? Is it as good as the rest? Let’s find out..
Full Review – C-ELMR Product Review 100020
Product: Husqvarna Automower 315X
General Market Price: USD $2000-2200
Where to buy New for best price online: Amazon
Warranty: 2 Year Warranty (1 year on battery)
Stars from C-ELMR :
What is the Husqvarna Automower 315X ?
Well it is a robotic lawnmower but I am sure you already knew that. The Husqvarna Automower 315X is from a series of automowers available from the Husqvarna company that has the intelligence to work independently to cut your lawn. Zero effort from your part was the aim of this robotic mower.
This is the first automower in the line of ‘X’ mowers at Husqvarna. The latest is the Husqvarna Automower 450X – Robotic Lawn Mower. (You can take a look at the sidebar or suggested posts below to see if we have completed the 450x review)
How does it work?
These mowers work by using a low voltage guide wire and a very intelligent user interface to cut your lawn.
Your only tasks are:
- setting up the user interface from the control panel on the top of the mower
- Setting up the charging station and the guide wire which sets the parameters for your 315X bot to work.
- There is no three, that’s it.
After that, you will have an almost maintenance free yard for years. That is the beauty of having an efficient robotic lawnmower.
These are the areas of major importance to you when purchasing a mower from Husqvarna or any other brand so we focused on the good and the bad aspects of each:
- Power and Performance
- Efficiency and ease of use
- Ease of locating replacement parts
- Customer service from company
Design – Husqvarna did an excellent job with this automower design
What’s inside the box? Husqvarna Automower 315X Unboxing Video
Know what to expect. Never buy any new product. Get familiar with the product without knowing what’s in the box. Always watch unboxing and installation videos before trying to install your own gadgets. These are always helpful and I always start by watching one before conducting my reviews. You can also find more pictures in the customer review section of amazon
These are the boring details of the Husqvarna Automower 315 X robotic mower. (Important details are broken down for you below so don’t get too flustered with all the details)
Design – SUMMARY
The specs on this automower looks great but it it a bit limited compared to the new Husqvarna Automowers.
- It has zero harmful emissions. Great for the environment!
- You do not need to stop the mower from working in the rainy season as it is weatherproof. It would be very annoying as this is when you have major grass growth. All the work would be left on you. Most robotic mowers cannot work in the rainy season.
- Has a weather timer to adjust mowing time based on the season and rate of growth of your grass.
- Pin code mechanisms makes it useless to thieves and an alarm sounds if it is lifted without first unlocking it.
- Safety lock prevents children or other handsy people from messing with your settings.
- 3 pivot razor design does not harm pets tails, damage fallen fruits and any other soft objects that it might run over .
- Cannot be monitored from your phone as it is not integrated with the Husqvarna App as with the 430X and 450X upgrades.
- Limited working area compared to 450X and 430X.
Update–> Automower connect App available and compatible with for Husqvarna 315X
Power and Performance – Another thumbs up here
Here is a Video of the Husqvarna 315X performance after being left unattended for ten days. Take a look at the lawn care results
Even though it performs extremely well, this Husqvarna Automower 315 X is not without faults. This is what we found out
- Can handle patches in your lawn that other automowers like Landroid will get stuck in. So if like me, you do not have a perfect lawn, this robotic mower will still work.
- It does not leave clumps of grass in your yard for you to rake. It leaves small clippings that are great for your lawn in terms of soil water retention and fertilization. For all the lazies like myself, awesome feature.
- Low maintenance cost so it basically pays for itself in a few years if you are currently paying someone to cut your lawn.
- It does not leave very noticeable tire marks in your grass. It runs in all directions leaving a smooth finish.
- It turns pretty well to avoid getting stuck after meeting an obstacle and quickly navigates its way out of tight spaces. Very independent little guy.
- It goes over slopes (27 Degrees/40%) that other mowers at higher prices are incapable of handling.
- It is very safe to use as the blades stop when lifting or tilting the mower so you do not need to worry about losing a few fingers each time you tilt it.
- Can cross over to different sections of your lawn through tight spaces as seen in the video above. A lot of robotic mowers find it hard or impossible to do this. This makes it easy to care for both back and front lawn with or without driveways or stone finish walkways.
- Does not get to the edges if there is a wall or other obstacle at the edge of the lawn because the blades are tucked away under the mower. This is a safety precaution.
- Takes up to a week to adjust to your lawn so to speak. Initially, you will need to make some tweaks here and there with the boundary wire and the charging base to ensure that it is lined up properly or else the mower might look confused in your lawn trying to get back to the charging station.
Efficiency and ease of use
- The 315X is very efficient at handling lawns of up to 0.4 acres independently. This is hands down the easiest way to have your lawn immaculately kept.
- Overall, going through the installation process once is nothing compared to the trouble and time wasted mowing your lawn for two to four hours weekly or bi-weekly, especially in the rainy season. This little bot saves a lot of time and energy.
- The hardest part about using this automower is the installation process.
- While the automower itself requires very little programming, the laying out of the guidewires for any automower can be time consuming, especially if you have a complicated lawn.
Take a look at how it should be done
- The blades can be sharpened every month.
- According to Husqvarna, if you run your Automower 6 months a year on an area of 8,600 sq. ft., your battery will last 5-7 years.
- In order to conserve with your battery, you should set the timer according to the size of your lawn. During the dry season you can easily reduce the running time without losing performance.
There is a 2 year warranty on the mower but it will last a loooooot longer if you do not do anything crazy like run over your mower in the driveway. I have heard of that happening.
For such an expensive item, Husqvarna needs to up this to a 5 year warranty on at least the mower if not the battery. They are very durable so this should not be a problem for the company.
Ease of locating replacement parts
Dealers are located few and far in between. If you need to get an expert to fix it, I have seen complaints that said the dealers where they live do not have the expertise needed to fix the mowers but you can call Husqvarna and ask about your area before purchasing.
Customer service from company