Snapper XD SXDWM82K Review
Power and Performance9.3/10
Efficiency and Ease of Use9.2/10
Ease of finding replacement parts9.8/10
Warranty and Support8.0/10
Pros and Praises from buyers
- Not noisy at all
- 3-in-1 bagging, mulching, sideways discharge
- Work load sensing capacity
- Good grass cut quality
- Cuts tall grass
- Battery level indicators present
- Vertical storage option
- 5 year limited warranty
- Durable steel deck
- Briggs and Stratton battery and motor
Cons and complaints from buyers
- Not self propelled
- Does not mulch wet leaves
This series of Snapper XD lawn mower reviews (updated 2020) starts with the Snapper XD SXDWM82K 82V cordless electric 21-Inch mower review, done to see how well it performs when compared to the other high voltage cordless mowers on the market.
Snapper is known for high-quality products and based on the specs, this Snapper XD SXDWM82K 82V 21″ mower was definitely among the best cordless electric mowers.
The 82V 2AH lithium-ion batteries are among the strongest on the market and the other design features seem to very good. In theory, these batteries should be able to handle a large lawn without much problem, but is that the case? Let’s find out.
These are the areas of major importance to you when purchasing a mower so we took a closer look under the hood for you to examine:
- Power and Performance
- Efficiency and ease of use
- Ease of locating replacement parts
- Warranty and Customer service from the company
- Overall Value
C-ELMR Product Review 100025
Product: Snapper XD SXDWM82K 82V Cordless 21-Inch Walk Mower Kit with (2) 2Ah Battery
General Price: USD $600
Warranty: 5 years on mower and 2 years on battery (Limited)
Best Deal Online: Amazon
Watch the video below to learn more about the mower and how it should work.
These claims will be compared to what actually happens when you mow with this Snapper XD. You may be surprised!
What’s inside the box? (Click images below to get full images and current prices)
(1) Snapper XD SXDWM82K 82V Cordless 21-Inch Walk Mower including chute and 1.6-bushel bag
After taking a good look into this Snapper 82V mower, we found both good and bad qualities. To explain them better, we will start by explaining the design and then we will move on from there to the others mentioned above.
Design -Great for children, adults, and elderly alike
This Snapper XD mower was well thought out. It had many great features and only a few drawbacks.
- Lighter than most gas mowers (65lbs)
- Not noisy at all
- Have Briggs and Stratton Batteries – known for durability
- It comes with two 80V batteries so one can be charged while the other is running.
- It comes with a fast-charging charger… one 80V, 2Ah battery charges in 30 minutes.
- It has a battery charge level signal system so that you can have a relative idea of how much charge is left in the battery. Four LED lights on the batteries are used as the indicators. All you need to do is press the button on the battery to see.
- The Brushless motor increases torque, delivering maximum power with less heating up and wasting battery power.
- It has smart cut technology built-in where it revs up when it meets high, thick grass and uses less energy to go through shorter, thinner grass.
- Steel deck seems very durable
- The handle can be adjusted to accommodate a 6ft tall person comfortably
- The mower has 7 height adjustments using only one adjusting handle.
- Good variance in height adjustments for different levels of grass – cutting height ranging from 1 3/8″ to 3 3/4″
- 1.6-bushel bag
- The wheels are found closer to the center of the mower than the blades, therefore, you get some great edging done.
- Easy to start. You simply plug in the key, press the button on the handle, then use your other hand to pull the starter handle.
- Has all the three options you need in a good mower so thumbs up here – Bagging, mulching, sideways discharge.
- Wheels are 8″ at the front and 10″ at the back for an easy gliding movement over your grass.
- This mower can be stored vertically leaning on the handlebars for increased storage space or horizontally.
- Batteries can be used in other Snapper XD products
- Only has one space on the charger so you cannot charge both batteries at the same time
- Heavier than similar electric lawn mowers
Power – How much power is this Snapper XD SXDWM82K packing?
Well, this is one of the most powerful electric mowers on the market today guys. It has the capacity to produce (82V x 2Ah) 164 Watts per hour when using the 80V, 2Ah batteries and 328 Watts per hour when using the 80V, 4Ah batteries.
This translates into what we call “awesomeness” on your lawn. This takes us to performance …
How well will Snapper XD SXDWM82K cut your overgrown, damp, St. Augustine grass?
The Snapper XD mower will provide you with a clean, even cut every time. The worst-case scenario is tall, damp, thick grass. Snapper will cut right through it but it uses all the battery power in half its usual time. Normally, you would get 25 minutes from the batteries in moderately grown, dry grass or a simple maintenance cut may go longer.
Another good feature that adds to its performance is that as the grass gets taller and the mower senses the workload, you can hear it “revving up” to take on the challenge.
Other points to note about its performance:
- Excellent Grass cut quality.
- Good Bagging.
- Mulching was good except in wet leaves.
- Handles tall grass well without stalling.
- Good run time, 1 Battery allows you to cut over 1/4 Acres for 25 minutes in moderately grown grass.
- Good cutting even in wet grass.
- Does not mulch damp leaves
- Battery dies faster in thick, overgrown grass.
Efficiency and ease of use – How hard do you need to work?
It comes fully pre-assembled. The only thing you need to do is charge the battery for 5 hrs initially then you are ready to mow.
The easy parts
- Removing and replacing the battery is made simple – you just push the batteries in and it snaps in place.
- Charging it is simple, just plug the charger into a power outlet and place the battery in the allotted slot.
- Fitting and removing the bag is easy
- Adjusting the handle height is made simple by the adjusters on the handle.
- Not self-propelled
- Both batteries are not placed in the mower at once so unlike some other mowers, you need to stop mowing to replace batteries when one dies.
- Heavier than some other electric mowers
Durability – How long will your Snapper XD SXDWM82K mower last?
My major problem with this mower is the cost so if this mower isn’t going to last a very, very long time, this would be a complete waste of money.
- The mower looks very strong with a steel deck, sturdy handles, wheel attachments, and blade attachments.
- The batteries and motor were made by Briggs and Stratton so we have no need to worry there.
- Unlike many other electric mower companies, there have not been many complaints of faulty batteries so that in itself was impressive.
How hard is it to locate replacement parts for Snapper XD SXDWM82K
The parts can be ordered online and delivered to your front door.
Replacement batteries, chargers, wheels and assembling parts, blades, etc. are found separately on Amazon.
This mower comes with five years limited warranty on the mower and 2 years on the battery is better than most electric mower warranty that we have seen so far. You can visit the snapper Website to read more about the specifications.
Quality of customer service from the company
Average because questions were asked about the product on the Snapper Website where reps did not provide adequate answers. Calling is better than dropping a question under the product.
Overall Value – My Final Opinion
The only major issue I had with this mower was the cost, but since then they have dropped the price I am now a huge fan. Any mower with a rating of 8.5 and above is considered excellent and this mower has done just that.
It is not perfect but the Pros far outweigh the cons so congratulations to Snapper on a job well done. If you can get it at a good price then go for it. You will not regret the purchase.
UPDATE–> Prices have dropped and now Snapper 82V cordless electric mowers are a lot more attractive! We definitely recommend this mower!!!
Where to buy Snapper Mowers online safely
Here are some products you can purchase online safely. We might get a commission from eligible purchases but your price remains the same as we are part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.
Recommended for – Is this mower the right fit for you?
I would recommend the Snapper XD SXDWM82K 82V cordless electric push mower for anyone with a budget of up to USD 600 (See price cuts above) who is in need of an Eco-friendly, quiet yet powerful, and efficient lawnmower with up to 1/4 acre size lawn (purchase an extra battery for larger lawns) and the added benefit of not smelling gas each time that you mow.
We also reviewed the self-propelled version of this mower, Snapper XD 82-Volt MAX Cordless Electric 21 in. Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Kit with (2) 2.0 Batteries & (1) Rapid Charger