Snapper XD SXDWM82K Review
Power and Performance9/10
Efficiency and Ease of Use9/10
Ease of finding replacement parts10/10
Warranty and Support10/10
Pros and Praises from buyers
- Not noisy at all
- 3-in-1 bagging, mulching, sideways discharge
- Work load sensing capacity
- Good grass cut quality
- Cuts tall grass
- Battery level indicators present
- Vertical storage option
- 5 year limited warranty
- Durable steel deck
- Briggs and Stratton battery and motor
Cons and complaints from buyers
- Not self propelled
- Does not mulch wet leaves
Snapper XD SXDWM82K Review was done to see how well it performs when compared to the other high voltage mowers on the market. This is the first of four Snapper lawn mower reviews that will be done here at C-ELMR in the coming weeks. Snapper is known for high quality products and based on the specs, this Snapper XD was definitely among the best. The 82V 2AH lithium ion batteries among the strongest on the market. In theory, these batteries should be able to handle a large lawn without much problems but Is that the case? Let’s find out
These are the areas of major importance to you when purchasing a mower so we took a closer look under the hood for you to examine:
- Power and Performance
- Efficiency and ease of use
- Ease of locating replacement parts
- Warranty and Customer service from company
- Overall Value
C-ELMR Product Review 100025
Product: Snapper XD SXDWM82K 82V Cordless 21-Inch Walk Mower Kit with (2) 2Ah Battery
General Market Price: USD $800
Warranty: 5 years on mower and 2 years on battery (Limited)
Best Deal Online: Amazon
Watch the video below to learn more about the mower and how it should work.
These claims will be compared to what actually happens when you mow with this Snapper XD. You may be surprised!
What’s inside the box? (Click images below to get full images and current prices)
After taking a good look into this Snapper 82V mower, we found both good and bad qualities. To explain them better, we will start by explaining the design and then we will move on from there to the others mentioned above.
Design -Great for children, adults and elderly alike
This Snapper XD mower was well thought out. It had many great features and only a few drawbacks.
- Lighter than most gas mowers (65lbs)
- Not noisy at all
- Have Brigs and Straton Batteries – known for durability
- Comes with two 80v batteries so one can be charged while the other is running.
- It comes with a fast charging charger… one 80V, 2Ah battery charges in 30 minutes.
- It has battery charge level signal system so that you can have a relative idea of how much charge is left in the battery. Four LED lights on the batteries are used as the indicators. All you need to do is press the button on the battery to see.
- Brushless motor increases torque, delivering maximum power with less heating up and wasting of battery power.
- It has smart cut technology built in where it revs up when it meets high, thick grass and uses less energy to go through shorter, thinner grass.
- Steel deck seems very durable
- Handle can be adjusted to accommodate a 6ft tall person comfortably
- The mower has 7 height adjustments using only one adjusting handle.
- Good variance in height adjustments for different levels of grass – cutting height ranging from 1 3/8″ to 3 3/4″
- 1.6-bushel bag
- The wheels are found closer to the center of the mower than the blades, therefore, you get some great edging done.
- Easy to start. You simply plug in the key, press the button on the handle, then use your other hand to pull the start handle.
- Has all the three options you need in a good mower so thumbs up here – Bagging, mulching, sideways discharge.
- Wheels are 8″ at the front and 10″ at the back for an easy gliding movement over your grass.
- Mower can be stored vertically leaning on the handlebars for increased storage space or horizontally.
- Batteries can be used in other Snapper XD products
- Only has one space on the charger so you cannot charge both batteries at the same time
- Heavier than similar electric lawn mowers
Power – How much power is this Snapper XD packing?
Well this is one of the most powerful electric mowers on the market today guys. It has the capacity to produce (82V x 2Ah) 164 Watts per hour when using the 80V, 2Ah batteries and 328 Watts per hour when using the 80V, 4Ah batteries.
This translates into what we call “awesomeness” on your lawn. This takes us to performance …
How well will Snapper XD cut your overgrown, damp, St. Augustine grass?
The worst case scenario is tall, damp, thick grass. Snapper will cut right through it but it uses all the battery power in half it’s usual time. Normally, you would get 25 minutes from the batteries in moderately grown, dry grass.
As the grass gets taller and the mower sense the workload, you can hear it “revving up” to take on the challenge.
Other points to note about it’s performance:
- Excellent Grass cut quality.
- Bagging was good.
- Mulching was good except in wet leaves.
- Handles tall grass well without stalling.
- 1 Battery allows you to cut over 1/4 Acres for 25 minutes in moderately grown grass.
- Cuts wet grass well.
- Does not mulch damp leaves
- Battery dies faster in thick, overgrown grass.
Efficiency and ease of use – How hard do you need to work?
It comes fully pre-assembled. The only thing you need to do is charge the battery for 5hrs initially then you are ready to mow.
The easy parts
- Removing and replacing the battery is made simple – you just push the batteries in and it snaps in place.
- Charging it is simple, just plug the charger to a power outlet and place the battery in the allotted slot.
- Fitting and removing the bag is easy
- Adjusting the handle height is made simple by the adjusters on the handle.
- Not self propelled – a self propelled version is expected to hit the market in 2018.
- Both batteries are not placed in the mower at once so unlike other mowers, need to stop to replace batteries when one dies.
- Heavier than some other electric mowers
Durability – How long will your Snapper XD mower last?
My major problem with this mower is the cost so if this mower isn’t going to last a very, very long time, this would be a complete waste of money.
- The mower looks very strong with steel deck, sturdy handles, wheel attachments and blade attachments.
- The batteries and motor were made by Briggs and Stratton so we have no need to worry there.
- Unlike many other electric mower company, there have not been many complaints of faulty batteries so that in itself was impressive.
Ease of locating replacement parts
The parts can be ordered online and delivered to your front door.
Replacement batteries, chargers, wheels and assembling parts, blades etc are found separately on Amazon.
Five years limited warranty on the mower and 2 years on the battery is better than most electric mower warranty that we have seen so far. You can visit the snapper Website to read more about the specifications.
Customer service from company
Averaged because questions were asked about the product on the Snapper Website where reps did not provide adequate answers. Calling is better than dropping a question under the product.
The only issue I have with this mower is it’s cost. For 2V more than Greenworks 80V pro mower, you are paying almost $300 more. This cordless electric mower is great but it costs an arm and two legs to buy. If you can get it at a good price, go for it. You will not regret the purchase.