WORX WG771 56V Lithium-Ion Cordless MowerGeneral=USD550.00
Efficiency and Ease of Use8.8/10
Warranty and Suport8.0/10
Ease of finding replacement parts8.0/10
Pros and Praises from buyers
- Push button start option
- One handle height adjustments
- Great grass cut quality for bagging, mulching and sideways discharge.
- Cuts through tall, thick grass without bogging down
- Good maneuverability Zero turn wheels
- Intellicut feature - for battery conservation
- Has dual edge mulching blades for natural lawn fertilization
- Battery level indicators on battery
- Easy to clean - Wash out port
- Convenient storage positions - vertical and horizontal
Cons and complaints from buyers
- lighter than gas mower but still Heavy for some people
- Batteries are not very durable
- Hard to reach customer care reps through phonecalls
- No local repair shops
The WORX WG711 56 Volt mower was reviewed and compared to other electric mowers (Update- Discontinued). There are many things that we absolutely love about this electric mower but there are also some drawbacks.
WORX created this 56V lithium-ion lawn mower for people who want a cordless electric mower alternative to their gas mower with the power to cut through a small to medium-sized lawn without any problems. Did they do a good job with this one? To find out how well this mower will cut your lawn, here is what we did…
These are what we focused on:
- Power and Performance
- Efficiency and ease of use
- Ease of locating replacement parts
- Warranty and Customer service from the company
- Overall Value
Read Full Review – C-ELMR Product Review 100023
General Market Price: USD 550 (Prices are subject to change with time! Most likely it did! So view current prices via links provided below)
Warranty: 3 years Limited with 90 days money-back guarantee
Best Deal Online: Amazon
What’s inside the box?
What will you be getting with the WORX WG771 Zero Turn Mower purchase?
(Click on each image below to view individual details and prices on Amazon)
Was this mower designed to perfection?
Well, buddy, nothing is perfect but we loved a lot of things about the WORX WG771 caster wheel Mower, mostly the 360 Degree turn feature. Here are some of the other design features that we found helpful.
10 Great things about the WORX WG771 Design
3-in-1 bagging, mulching and sideways discharge available
My favorites are of course bagging and mulching. Nobody likes to rake.
Push start option – Very convenient
No chord pulling, just the push of a button and the pull of the bail switch and you are ready to roll.
Caster wheel turning feature – Do you have trees and flower beds?
Obviously, this maneuverability feature would get some attention. This mower features 360 Degree rotation from the front caster wheels. This made it easy to maneuver around the lawns with flower beds, trees, etc. To activate this feature, flip the switches above the wheels to the left as shown below. If you want it to run straight like a regular mower, just switch it back to the right. This very durable, 19 in. steel mower decks feature 10″ high rear wheels and 7″ high front wheels.
7 height adjustments
One handle adjusts the heights of all four wheels. Very convenient compared to the old mowers where you had to adjust. both back and front wheels separately. 7 height adjustments are available between 1 1\4″ and 4″.
Wash-out hose attachment makes it easy to clean
Wash-out hose attachment on the side of the mower makes it easy to clean the grass from the bottom of the mower. All you do is connect your garden hose and turn it on. You do not see this feature on most electric mowers.
Dual edge mulching blades
The mower has dual-edge mulching blades that catch grass that does not make it into the bad cut them up into small pieces for natural lawn fertilization and soil water retention.
Intellicut feature – for battery conservation
Our WORX mower gives us the option to go on eco mode or power mode depending on the consistency of your grass. For those thick patches, we can use the power option then switch to the eco mode when the grass is thin.
Mowers have two Lithium-Ion batteries and two battery slots to work from both batteries.
Unlike most mowers that come with two batteries, this not one has an accessory battery but also an extra slot so that you do not need to stop mowing after the first one drains.
Battery level indicators
Even though the mower comes with two batteries, it will still work if you only insert one. You can know how much power is in your battery by pressing the button on the top and seeing how many LED green lights come on. When the mower is running, you will see the battery level displayed on the handlebar.
Convenient storage positions – vertical and horizontal
If your garage is as crammed as mine, then this will be great news for you. You can store the mower in a vertical position against your wall as shown in the video above. It is almost as if the mower is not there.
Design Con – One not so good feature
- Lighter than gas mowers but still heavy for some people to push, especially uphill.
Power – How much power are these guys packing?
Each 56V 2.5Ah battery can deliver 140W of power each hour. There are more powerful mowers on the market but this is okay.
- Grass cut quality was excellent.
- Bagging was good.
- Mulching was good.
- 7th-position (4″) height adjustment allows the WORX mower to handle tall grass well without stalling.
- Wheels turn well to get around those difficult corners.
- Two batteries allow you to cut 1/4 Acres for 35-45 minutes in moderately grown grass.
- Cuts wet grass well
- Mulches damp leaves.
- Battery dies faster in thick grass
Efficiency and ease of use? How hard is it to mow with WORX WG771?
It comes fully pre-assembled. The only thing you need to do is charge the battery for 5hrs initially then you are ready to mow.
- Removing and replacing the battery is made simple – you just push the batteries in and it snaps in place.
- Charging it is simple, just plug the charger to a power outlet and place the battery in the allotted slot.
- Fitting and removing the bag it is no trouble at all.
- Adjusting the handle height is made simple by the adjusters on the handle.
- Both batteries are placed in the mower at once so unlike other mowers, you do not need to stop to replace batteries when one dies.
- It is a bit heavy to push when the bag is almost full. A self-propelled feature like the Greenworks 80V self-propelled mower or Ego 56V self-propelled mowers would have been awesome here.
Durability. How long will your mower last?
Very sturdy material on the deck and handles. The mower itself is great. The blades seem a bit too thin and there have been complaints of faulty batteries but the company will send you a replacement if this happens. I have seen people who have had their mowers for almost two years and still going strong.
Ease of locating replacement parts
This is pretty easy. Like the mower, the parts can be ordered on Amazon and delivered to your front door.
Replacement batteries, chargers, wheels and assembling parts, blades, etc are found separately on Amazon.
Warranty and Customer Support from the company
I have seen complaints that the company is hard to reach via their phone line and there are no local service shops for these mowers. You do however have a 3-year warranty on the mower and a 90 days money-back guarantee.
Overall Value – Is this mower a worthy Purchase?
Overall, this mower gets a thumbs up from C-ELMR.
The great design and performance were a thumbs up from us. It is hard to find electric mowers that get the job done. I would recommend this mower for people with small to medium-sized lawns of up to 1/4 Acres, especially if you have flower beds and trees to mow around. Added to that, the mower and the replacement parts can be ordered conveniently online from Amazon and delivered to your doorstep.